RMA Terms & Conditions
Please note: Due to rising component prices, Seafloor Systems, Inc. will be implementing a new Return Material Authorization cost structure starting 9/1/20. All RMAs received on or after 9/1/20 will be subject to the adopted structure. Seafloor Systems is committed to providing you with the best possible quality repairs and customer service. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this new pricing structure don't hesitate to reach out.
1. Once an RMA request form has been completed, Seafloor Systems will contact you with return shipping instructions and an RMA number.
2. Seafloor Systems has a minimum evaluation fee of $100 USD for all Return Material Authorizations (RMAs) that are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. This evaluation fee includes one hour of labor toward the repair and is non-refundable. Any parts, additional labor (if needed), and shipping costs will be itemized separately on the final quote.
3. All return shipping costs, except in the case of repairs fully covered under warranty, are the responsibility of the customer and will either be prepaid and added to the invoice, or billed to a specified customer shipping account.
4. Seafloor Systems will not be responsible for any lost or damaged packages, or any packages received with missing items. We recommend you insure your shipment, and obtain a tracking number as a precaution.
5. Seafloor Systems will notify you of any damage or missing items that appear to have occurred during shipping. You will need to contact the shipper to report any issues relating to handling of the package while in transit to Seafloor Systems.
6. Seafloor Systems recommends the use of adequate packing materials to prevent product damage while in transit. The manufacturer’s original packaging should be used when available.
7. P.O. Box addresses are not accepted for RMA returns. A physical address must be provided to continue with the RMA Process. If a P.O. Box is used, Seafloor Systems will not be responsible for lost packages.
8. Units returned will be subject to the manufacturer’s original warranty limitations.
9. Seafloor Systems (or the manufacturer) may choose to replace a defective unit with another unit that is tested and verified to be in new or refurbished condition. You may not receive the original unit back.
10. Seafloor Systems may ship out a return product with equal to (or greater) specifications if an identical product is no longer available.
11. Any replacements are subject to product availability.
12. Seafloor Systems’ sole liability, and the exclusive remedy for any acknowledged defect(s) shall be the repair or replacement of the product in question subject to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
13. Seafloor Systems does not offer refunds, exchanges, credits, or upgrades.
14. International customers are responsible for any import/export charges incurred – including duties, taxes, brokerage, and other related fees.
15. Seafloor Systems shall not be liable under any circumstances for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, or lost data.
16. Any personal data should be removed before returning products to Seafloor Systems. Seafloor Systems is not liable for loss of any personal data stored on returned products.
17. All products must be returned to Seafloor Systems, Inc. – 4415 Commodity Way, Shingle Springs, CA 95682 within thirty days of an RMA number being issued, transportation pre-paid, and in strict compliance to Seafloor Systems’ return and warranty policy for our evaluation and determination of responsibility.
18. Repair estimates must be acted upon within thirty days of issuance. Failure to do so may result in product being returned to customer at their expense, and the RMA number being closed. In such cases, the $100 USD evaluation fee would still apply.